Index of teaching units for this course
- GEOGRAPHY: Human geography
- GEOGRAPHY: The economy and sustainability
- HISTORY: The middle ages
How do you work on the subject of Geography and History in 2ºESO?
- You must be attentive in class and, above all, work at home with daily study and activities.
- We will approach each didactic unit in class through the chromebook, dividing our work into seven blocks:
- Introduction: Brainstorming, looking back, reading and vocabulary
- Contents with videos
- Discovery techniques / Projects
- Read and think
- Concept map
- Final scheme of the unit
- Final exam (2 units)
- In addition, you will expand knowledge through the resources of our website.
- The methodology to follow will be based on CLIL learning:
- Introduction video of the unit ——— Listening
- Brainstorming through the program MENTIMETER (Cloud words) —— Writing and Speaking
- Specific vocabulary through the program QUIZLET (Flashcards) —— Writing, Listening and Speaking
- Activities in pairs or groups (Looking back / Article) ——- Reading, Writing and Speaking
- Reading and explanation (theory) ——- Reading and Listening
- Activities (practice) ——- Writing and Listening
- Tecnique or project (individual or groups) ———- Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking
- Revision activities ———- Reading and Writing
- Read and think ———- Reading and Writing
- Concept map ——– Reading and Writing
- Self-assesment ———- Reading
- Partial exams (writen exam)—— Reading and Writing
What do you need to work?
- Digital book: “Geography and History” of ByMe. 2º ESO.
- Personal work notebook (evaluation instrument): notes, activities, concept maps…
- Collegiate agenda to record the homework.
- Ballpoint pen, pencil, eraser, ruler and, above all, highlighters.
- Internet with the multimedia material of the web page.
How will you be evaluated?
You will be evaluated during the entire study and work process, with the final grade being the result of the compilation of each and every one of the annotations that I make.
You have to be clear that this subject is not evaluated with a single exam or with a specific work, it is a dynamic and continuous process.
To collect the information, the following will be taken into account:
- Daily class work: duties, behavior, participation …
- Class notebook: activities, maps, diagrams, concept maps …
- Individual and collaborative projects
- Oral and computer tests
- Cooperative learning
- Written tests: exams to check the level of acquisition, consolidation and progress of knowledge
What will be my final grade?
Evaluation notes (percentages):
– Written tests (80%):
. First partial (33,3 %) / Second partial (33,3 %) Third partial (33,3 %)
– Daily work (20%):
. Notebook, activities, oral questions, projects … (15%)
. Attitude and participation (5%)
HOW TO DO A NOTEBOOK GREAT
HOW TO MAKE A TIMELINE
HOW TO DEFINE (IN HISTORY)